Welcome to PACIBER
The Pacific Asian Consortium for International Business Education and Research (PACIBER) was created in 1988 as a consortium of 27 leading universities dedicated to bridging the gap by establishing linkages to promote international business education, research and exchange of information among faculty and students. PACIBER stands as a forum for the exchange of ideas where members can network and learn from one another. Through faculty exchanges and other mutually beneficial alliances, member universities can raise the level of their business education programs to world class standards.
2019 PACIBER Annual Meeting
International Entrepreneurship: Innovations in Practice, Education, and Research
Grand Hyatt, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
July 7-11, 2019
Sunday, July 7: Morning Faculty Development in International Entrepreneurship, “Developing the International Entrepreneurship Course.” Sponsored by the University of Colorado, Denver Institute for International Business
Sunday evening: Executive committee meeting at 4 p.m.
Monday, July 8: Keynote speaker, Industry panel and PACIBER member panels
Monday evening: Gala dinner
Tuesday, July 9: PACIBER member sessions on international entrepreneurship, opportunities for member collaboration, and planning for future PACIBER consortium initiatives
Wednesday, July 10: Field visit to JAKIM - Department of Islamic Development Malaysia, and Halal Industry Ecosystem and Supply Chain
Thursday, July 11: Optional cultural site visits to Melaka Historical Region
Conference Theme: “International Entrepreneurship: Innovations in Practice, Education, and Research”
The conference theme will focus on international entrepreneurship and the developments that are shaping new forms of innovation, competition, and collaboration in Asia, particularly in Malaysia and the ASEAN region. This year’s program fosters deeper engagement including:
- Featured presentations by prominent business leaders. The UKM and the PACIBER Executive Committee will invite top business leaders from Malaysia and the region to address how innovation and the emerging world order is likely to impact their businesses.
- Thematic regional updates. PACIBER participants will address salient issues affecting innovation and entrepreneurship in their respective regions.
- Consortia-based research and teaching. PACIBER member schools are leaders in innovative research and education projects. The meeting will discuss ongoing projects and opportunities for new collaboration, such as international entrepreneurship research, and a multi-country analysis of poverty programs, as well as faculty and student exchange program opportunities.
- Visit to the JAKIM Department of Islamic Development Malaysia and the Halal Industry Ecosystem
- Optional post conference cultural tour to Melaka. Roughly 145 km south of KL, Melaka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for sites such as the A Famosa Fort, 16th-century St. Paul’s Church, Christ Church, and Stadthuys in Red Square.
The meeting will be hosted by the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in collaboration with the PACIBER Executive Committee. We invite participation of PACIBER member schools, US CIBER schools, and universities from throughout Asia to attend.